Emergency Call Handler - Full-Time
Job Type: Full Time
Hours: 35 hours per week, mixed shifts including late and early shifts, working 2 out of 3 weekends
Salary: £17,290 - £20,020.
Location: Bowthorpe, Norwich, NR5 9JF. Free parking on site.
Lifeline24 is an award-winning, national provider of personal alarms. Could you be the perfect candidate to help us provide a life-saving service across the UK, bringing peace of mind to elderly, disabled and vulnerable people and their loved ones?
We are looking for a compassionate, self-motivated and hardworking Emergency Call Handler to join our Alarm Response Centre. This position is a crucial role at Lifeline24 and you will be working as a key representative for a business that helps thousands of people each year.
To flourish as an Emergency Call Handler, you must possess a genuine desire to help the community, be empathetic and attentive to our customer’s needs, and believe in the principles of dignity, respect and independence. Prior experience in a care, customer service or hospitality role would be ideal for this position.
What you’ll be doing:
- Answering emergency calls, assessing the situation and responding accordingly in a calm and efficient manner
- Ensuring test calls are carried out effectively and efficiently
- Pro-actively contacting customers to verify account information
- Entering new customer details onto our call handling database
- Alarm equipment maintenance (is carried out in-house)
- Ensuring new and existing customer details are up to date
- Contacting existing customers to remind them to test their alarm equipment, ensuring it is still working correctly and keeping them safe
What we’re looking for:
- A compassionate and empathetic person with a confident and polite telephone manner, even under pressure
- The ability to remain professional at all times
- The ability to accurately retain information and apply this correctly in relation to our various call handling procedures
- Someone who thrives on working in a fast paced call centre environment
- A reliable individual who can work with high levels of autonomy
- Must be confident with PC work
- A full, valid driver's license
- Ideally, you’ll have a minimum of 9 GCSE’s grade A*-C
Why work for us?
At Lifeline24 we make sure our staff are happy and healthy so they can best help our customers! We offer many unique benefits to help with this, including:
- Flexitime and flexible working hours
- Free £50 gaming voucher for every employee, every year, through our sister company Zatu Games
- Generous staff discount on board games, toys and teddy bears
- Increasing holiday allowance for length of service
- Breakout rooms with modern facilities such as PS4, ping-pong tables and board games
- A friendly, sociable and exciting working environment
- Aviva Pension Scheme
- Free refreshments
- Free massages
- Free eye tests through Specsavers
- Monthly bring your dog to work days
- 80% off local Tennis club annual membership fee
- Discount on Residential Conveyancing and other legal advice
- Free on-site parking