Emergency Call Handler
17.5hrs per week daytime and 22.5hrs per week night-time shifts available.
Are you a compassionate individual looking to make a difference and save lives? Our brand-new emergency response call centre may be the opportunity you’re looking for!
We are looking for motivated, caring and hardworking individuals to be first point of contact for our customers in an emergency situation. To flourish as an emergency call handler, you must possess a genuine desire to help the community, be empathetic to our customer’s needs, be highly proactive and able to work with high levels of autonomy.
What will you be doing? Saving lives!
When an alarm user needs assistance, they press their personal alarm button and are put through to an emergency call operator (you!) in a matter of seconds. You will be tasked with assessing the situation, reassuring the customer and responding accordingly, by calling their emergency contacts or the emergency services in a calm and efficient manner.
We are recruiting for a brand-new emergency call centre.
Shifts are available for 17.5hrs during the day between 6am and 10pm and for 22.5hrs during the night between 10pm and 6am.
What kind of person are you?
- A compassionate and empathetic person who has a confident and polite telephone manner even under high-levels of pressure.
- A reliable individual with excellent organisational and problem-solving skills who can work with high levels of autonomy.
- Fantastic communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to think on your feet.
- Individuals who can demonstrate high levels of accuracy and attention to detail with their work.
- Able to remain calm and courteous in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be PC literate, with high levels of verbal and written English.
The starting salary for our Emergency call operator vacancy is £7.83 an hour. This will be reviewed following a six-month probationary period.
Alongside your standard salary, you will also receive an annual bonus as part of our generous scheme.
Our emergency call handler team work on a rota basis, however hours are flexible.
Perks of working at Lifeline24:
- A generous annual bonus scheme.
- Discounted games, toys and teddy bears from 100's of retailers.
- 50% off Pizza Hut.
- A friendly, sociable and relaxing working environment.
- Discounted conveyancing services.
- Regular company events such as go karting, boat trips and game nights!
- Pension scheme.
- 28 days annual leave.
- Further career advancement opportunities for the right candidate.
Who are we?
Lifeline24 is an award-winning, national provider of personal alarms for the elderly. We provide a life-saving service across the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland, bringing peace of mind to elderly, disabled and vulnerable people and their loved ones.
Despite going through an exciting period of growth we still have that family company feel, where our employees are more like friends than colleagues. We provide a friendly and relaxing working environment across our departments and the successful candidate for this Emergency Care Team vacancy will soon feel right at home.
Lifeline24 is a company on the move and now is a perfect time to join our team. You’ll gain exceptional career opportunities and will be part of a company that continues to expand.
Interested in our Emergency Call Handler vacancy? Apply today and let us know why you’re right for this job.