Emergency Call Handler
- Full time Position
- £10 per hour, starting salary with paid overtime available
- Variety of shifts
- Bowthorpe, Norwich
- Training: Monday - Friday 09:00-17:30 then onto a rota basis
We are looking for compassionate and hardworking Emergency Call Handlers to join our 24/7 Alarm Response Centre.
The Alarm Response Centre for Lifeline24 provides a critical service to elderly and vulnerable people across the UK. It is our duty to responding to local and individual needs through our service. By being professional and reassuring, our staff deal with a whole spectrum of incidents and events, often arranging life-saving help for our clients. Lifeline24 has pioneered the use of technology to thousands of people and their families across the UK. Through our Norwich Alarm Response Centre, it has enabled us to develop digital solutions that enhance independent living and improve efficiencies in clinical care.
To flourish as an Emergency Call Handler, you must possess a genuine desire to help the community, be empathetic and attentive to our customer’s needs.
Your role will be answering calls in a timely manner, assessing each call, and following the correct procedure to enable a successful conclusion. This can involve calling a contact, keyholder or when deemed necessary the emergency services and to support the service user until assistance arrives.
You will also ensure that the company’s key performance targets are exceeded which involves responding to the calls efficiently and entering data onto a computer system.
Part of the role includes ensuring that test calls are carried out efficiently, contacting customers to verify account information and reminding them to test their alarm equipment regularly.
Not only does this role provide you with a sense of pride but you would be part of a friendly team that offers a supportive working environment with excellent facilities and full training.
The desirable candidate will have:
- A minimum of 9 GCSE's A*-C's
- Good standards of literacy and numeracy
- Adequate typing and IT skills
- A polite and professional telephone manner
- The ability to remain calm under pressure
- Excellent communication skills
Rewards and Benefits:
- Paid overtime rate and flexible/bank enhancements if ‘opted in’
- Breakout rooms with modern facilities including free refreshments, a canteen and a separate staff room with PS4, ping-pong table, and board games
- Aviva Pension Scheme
- Free eye tests through Specsavers
- Free tickets to the company box at Norwich City Football Club
- Employee referral bonus
- Further education/qualification contributions
- Increasing holiday allowance for length of service
- Health assured EAP service for workplace wellbeing
- Generous staff discount on board games and toys
- Annual pay reviews
- £50 gaming voucher after probation
- Bike to work scheme and cycle storage
- Discount on Residential Conveyancing and other legal advice
- Free on-site parking