Job Type: Full-time, Contract.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week.
Salary: 22,000 - £24,000, depending on experience.
Location: Bowthorpe, Norwich. Free parking on site.
Lifeline24 is an award-winning, national provider of personal alarms for the elderly. Could you be the perfect candidate to help us provide a life-saving service across the UK, bringing peace of mind to elderly, disabled and vulnerable people and their loved ones?
We are looking for an intelligent, hard-working and proactive IT Technician to join our IT support team. You will have the ability to make the complex simple, working with IT professionals at all levels to deliver a first-class support service and undertaking projects that drive your department forward.
Why work for us?
At Lifeline24 we make sure our staff are happy and healthy so they can best help our customers! We offer many unique perks to help with this, including:
- Flexitime and flexible working hours
- Free £50 gaming voucher for every employee, every year.
- Generous staff discount on board games, toys and teddy bears
- Increasing holiday allowance for length of service
- Breakout rooms with modern facilities such as PS4, ping-pong tables and board games
- A friendly, sociable and exciting working environment
- 50% off at Pizza Hut
- Aviva Pension Scheme
- Free refreshments
- Free massages
- Free eye tests through Specsavers
- Monthly bring your dog to work days
- 80% off local Tennis club annual membership fee
- Discount on Residential Conveyancing and other legal advice
What you’ll be doing:
- Working on IT projects to improve processes and infrastructure
- Delivering first line support to our staff, resolving issues and queries
- Providing IT training to new and existing staff
- Maintaining internal systems and networks, carrying out backups and working to IT security best practices
- Setting up new users and re-purposing used hardware
- Helping write and implementing new IT policies and procedures
- Brainstorming new ideas for IT strategy and development
- Liaising with third parties regarding services that are outsourced
- Implementing and maintaining an Active Directory domain
Part of this role is being on a 24 hour on-call rota. If the employee is on call and is needed for IT support during this time, these hours are accrued at a rate of 1.5 hours for every 1 hour.
What we’re looking for:
- A demonstrable understanding of IT support
- Experience in an IT support role
- A dynamic friendly individual who can work on their own initiative
- High levels of written and verbal English
- Excellent organisation and attention to detail
- MCSA/MCSE or equivalent experience is desirable
A minimum of 9 GCSE's grade A*-C is required. A-Levels and/or a degree would be desirable but this is not a requirement for the right candidate.
- Information Technology: 1 year (Preferred)
If you wish to apply for the above position, please send us a copy of your most recent CV.